By Gauranga Darshan Das
The Bhakti Shastri course has four subjects taught in 6 modules as shown below along with the weightage of assessments for each book.
- Nectar of Instruction (Sri Upadesamrita)
- Sri Ishopanisad
- Nectar of Devotion (Sri Bhakti Rasamrita Sindhu)
- Bhagavad Gita – Chapters 1-6 (BG1)
- Bhagavad Gita – Chapters 7-12 (BG2)
- Bhagavad Gita – Chapters 13-18 (BG3)
- Nectar of Instruction (NOI)
- Sri Isopanishad (ISO)
- Nectar of Devotion (NOD)
The students can do an assessment of a module only after completing the assessment of the previous module. However, they can continue to attend the classes.
Duration: One year
- This includes course work & assessments
- It can be extended up to 6 more months if some candidates need more time to complete assessments.
It is a self-paced course. The participants can watch the classes & attempt the exam at their convenience.
Eligibility to enroll:
- A sincere desire to study and understand scriptures
- Basic Shastric knowledge and understanding
- The practice of Krishna consciousness for at least one year
- Chanting of 16 rounds & following 4 regulative principles
- A recommendation letter from an ISKCON Authority/ temple president who knows the candidate well.
Teacher: Gauranga Darshan Das (Author | Dean, BVRC)
- Participants can complete the closed-book exam & sloka exam with the help of the invigilator from the local temple.
- (NOTE - The invigilator should be any senior devotee who is connected to the temple, has a Bhakti Shastri degree & knows the participant.)
- The participants can send the email to [email protected] 3-4 days prior to the exam date, keeping your invigilator's email address in cc (copy) and mention the day, date, time & module of the exam. The questions will be sent to the invigilator's email address 30 minutes before the exam.
- After writing the answers, the closed-book exam answersheets should be sent in a single PDF file from your supervisor to the same email address [email protected]. The same process you can follow for the Sloka exam.
- (NOTE - Participants can take photos & then scan them using adobe scanner, etc. app & make a PDF file. Kindly share the single file with the registered name & email ID on the first page & the page numbers on each page.)
- For open-book exams & MCQ quiz tests you don't require the presence of the invigilator. You can complete these exams at your convenience.
- The open-book exam answersheets should be submitted in a single PDF file directly to the same email address.
Weightage of Assessments for certification:
- Bhagavad Gita Chapters 1-6 - 20%
- Bhagavad Gita Chapters 7-12 - 20%
- Bhagavad Gita Chapters 13-18 - 20%
- Nectar of Instruction (NOI) - 10%
- Sri Isopanishad (ISO) - 10%
- Nectar of Devotion (NOI) - 20%
- In order to get the Bhakti Shastri degree from the ISKCON Board of Examinations, the candidate has to secure 65% in each of the six modules within one and half years from the time of registration.